Developing high performing teams at Tesco
Tesco is a British multinational groceries and general merchandise retailer. They have over 6,800 shops around the world and employ over 440,000 people globally.
Tesco needed to implement a new strategy to:
- Increase focus on client needs
- Become more competitive, through opening Tesco Extra stores
To do so, key managers involved in the store development programme needed to become skilled team builders to build high performing teams:
- Taking a team’s performance to another level
- Delivering under pressure, in an environment where it is not possible to move deadlines
Lumina Learning Solution
Lumina Learning worked with Tesco to develop a Lumina Team programme. It focused on:
- Increasing interpersonal awareness within the team
They established the key competencies needed for high performing teams, using Lumina Spark and Lumina Team to facilitate this.
Team wheels were created based on Lumina Spark Portraits.
Lumina Learning implemented two-day interventions at Tesco. They also ran a one-day follow-up for the top team.
Many of Tesco’s teams are now experiencing the programme.
Tesco successfully developed team communication competencies.
Many “crucial conversations” took place when faced with:
- Strong deadline pressure
- Difficult team dynamics
- Individuals needing to work with “opposite types”
The key manager became inspired and fully engaged through the Lumina programme and team performance visibly improved.
You can subscribe for our latest free L&D resources in our quarterly update.
Read other Case Studies